Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Releases!

With the new year, I always enjoy browsing the upcoming titles and anticipating many great stories, especially from some of my favorite authors.  As the saying goes, "you can't judge a book by looking at the cover," but it is wonderful when a favorite story also has an eye-catching design.  Over the past few years, I think that covers have grown even more appealing. It's just like when you open a beautifully wrapped present that holds a nice surprise.

I love all of Julie Klassen's novels and covers, and I can't wait to read The Girl in the Gatehouse.  Since my sister and I love the Jane Austen movies and Masterpiece Classics, Klassen's novels are always among our favorites.   The titles also look great on our bookshelves!





I love Lisa Wingate's humorous, and sometimes quirky, series of books that take place in Daily, Texas (Talk of the Town, Word Gets Around, and Never Say Never).  Larkspur Cove also takes place in Texas, but it appears to be a less light-hearted novel.  Nonetheless, I look forward to reading it soon.


Since Laurie Alice Eakes is not an author that I am familiar with, I am solely drawn to the cover and summary of this novel.  Lady in the Mist appears to be a promising read, and I look forward to its February release.




I love this cover, and last summer I became a big fan of Siri Mitchell.  After reading She Walks in Beauty and The Cubicle Next Door, my sister and I purchased all of her previously published novels.  I can't wait for the release of A Heart Most Worthy in March.



Yet another cover that intrigues me... I have not read any of Nancy Moser's previous novels, but I am looking forward to this one being the first. It looks like a movie that I would love to see!  An Unlikely Suitor will be released in March as well.  After traveling to Newport, Rhode Island and walking along the Cliff Walk a few years ago, I look forward to re-visiting it in this novel.



Although Elizabeth Camden is new to the inspirational fiction scene, the cover of The Lady of Bolton Hill peaks my interest. I am looking forward to reading this historical fiction novel, and I have high hopes that the story-line will meet my expectations.



Both The Frontiersman's Daughter and Courting Morrow Little had eye-catching covers and five-star story-lines, and I am certain that The Colonel's Lady will not be an exception.  I am a big fan of Laura Frantz, and I am especially interested to see if I notice any similarities to Margaret Hale and Mr. Thornton in the movie North and South.  Laura Frantz noted on her blog that she loved the movie as well. I can't wait until it's release in August!


I love all of Allison Pittman's novels, and I am very excited about her two releases this year.  I am eagerly anticipating the release of Lilies in Moonlight in April.  I can't wait until the sequel of For Time & Eternity is released this summer.  The plot For Time & Eternity gripped me from the first page, and the chapter excerpt at the end for its sequel Forsaking All Others left me hanging and wanting to read more right away!



These are just several of the many new novels of 2011 that have already grabbed my attention.  But wait... I haven't even finished reading a stack of books from 2010!  Having too many books that I want to read is a good problem though.  I love to curl up with a good book just before bed, and the holiday season has given me a great opportunity to read several books recently.  I am off to continue reading A Memory Between Us right now.  Did I mention that I can't wait to read the third book in Sarah Sundin's Wings of Glory series too...?

2 comments:

  1. Oh bless you both! I'm so honored to be among such a great group of authors here ~ and so blessed to have you as readers!! I'm looking forward to every one of the upcoming books you've spotlighted only you've added one I've actually never seen before - Lilies in Moonlight. It's a beautiful title and I need to go back and read Allison's other books as I've heard they're very good. Anyway, before I write a novella here, I just wanted you to know I do read your blog and find it so refreshing and interesting:) Thanks for being so encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words. We wish you a successful year with the release of The Colonel's Lady!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...