Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Books on Our Christmas Wish List...

Now that the holiday season is upon us, I am looking forward to spending time with family, enjoying the Christmas season, and curling up with a few good books in the evenings.  There are a few books that have been on my wish list for a while, and a couple of others that will soon be released in late December.

Since reading Waterfall, the first book in Lisa T. Bergren's The River of Time Series, I have been eagerly anticipating Cascade and Torrent.  I have to admit that I would probably not have read Waterfall if it had not been offered as a free Kindle book in the summer.  Besides Jenny B. Jones'  YA fiction books, I have not read many other YA Christian fiction books; but if their writing is any indication of what else is out there, I need to search for more!  The River of Time Series packs in all of the elements of engaging fiction:  multi-dimensional characters, a plot full of adventure with twists and turns, mystery, danger, romance... and time travel.

I still love to have a real book in my hands; so I am looking forward to getting these paperback books for Christmas.   I am also a big fan of the free books that Kindle offers; and in several cases, it has introduced me to great stories and authors that I would likely never have known.  The free ebook monthly promotions can be a powerful marketing tool for authors and publishers.

I am also looking forward to reading Alice Wisler's A Wedding Invitation.  I have enjoyed all of her previous books; so I am sure to enjoy her new release as well.  Like Wisler,  Julie Klassen is an author that has become synonymous in my mind with good fiction.  I love traveling to historic England in the pages of her stories.

After reading The Lady of Bolton Hill last summer,  I have been looking forward to Elizabeth Camden's sophomore release,The Rose of Winslow Street, as well.  I love the cover, and I hope that the story is just as promising!

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

The Rose of Winslow Street

Wings of a Dream

A Wedding Invitation

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...