Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Tale of Another Reader...

Unlike my sister, I have been a bookworm since a young age.  As a very young child, I asked my mother to read Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes until I memorized many of them. Throughout elementary school, I eagerly awaited the next Scholastic book order, and I loved the Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins series.  Reading was my reward after completing my school work.   

Today, visiting the library and bookstore or browsing books online is something that I cannot resist.  Finding a new book and anticipating the twists and turns in the plots is exciting.  Reading continues to be a way that I can reward myself after a long day at work.  Since my sister has become such an avid reader, we can discuss the books that we read and analyze their plots.  I have to admit, in terms of the number of books read, she is now more of a bookworm than me! 

Until recently, I have never endeavored to count or create a journal about the number of books that I have read.  After all, reading is not about quantity, but enjoyment.  My sister is able to combine both by setting personal goals, enjoying the books that she reads, and then being proud of reaching her goals.  I am proud that she has reached her personal goals as well; so she did influence me to set a personal goal recently.  Summer is my down-time, and I hoped to read at least 20 books.  A few weeks ago, I met my goal, but I do not anticipate being able to continue at the same rate.  Presently, work consumes most of my weekdays.  And, I can't forget to point out that this blog will have an impact on my reading time as well.  We have both committed to this endeavor; so we will see where it leads...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...