Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Good Ole' Days

Today I was thinking about all of my favorite shows from my childhood. My reminiscing led me to YouTube, where I spent too much time searching for and watching clips. Wishbone was on the top of my list at one point. I think I watched most of the episodes at least three times! And honestly, I found myself getting caught up in the clips tonight. Not only is Wishbone an adorable dog, he makes literary classics interesting and accessible to children. I didn't appreciate that at the time, but I do now. Even now when I hear about some of the classics that were featured on Wishbone, I know the premise of the story based on that show. While visiting Washington Irving's home and Sleepy Hollow on vacation, Wishbone's version of Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow did cross my mind.



One of my other favorite book-themed shows was Reading Rainbow.  This video brings back memories of the highlight of some of my school days.  I still remember the theme song; and after watching this clip, I think it will be stuck in my head for at least a day.



Please share some of your favorite childhood shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...